Can anyone help with my symptoms please?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help?. For the past five/six months, I have been feeling breathless and often wake up gasping for breath. I also suffer from dizziness when rising from lying down to sitting up or from sitting to standing. My bp is very low (60/40) and my pulse is low too (between 40-50 at rest) and I am not fit at all, infact I can hardly walk or carry out daily chores without having to take breaks, and if I go along the road to the shop, my pulse races up to 160 beats per minute. My legs also feel sore and heavy when trying to climb stairs and sometimes I have had to crawl up on my hands and knees. My doctor has referred me for an ECG and echocardiogram. Has anyone had similar symptoms, eg feeling exhaused, breathless, very low bp and resting pulse? And, if so, what caused it? Oh and the doc also noticed that my fingers and toes are 'clubbing' and I have lost weight over the past few month, unintentionally. Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes, how old are you?

Do you take any medication?

With a heart rate so slow, your blood pressure is very low, this is probably the cause of your dizziness.

• Posted

noticing her orthostatic hypotension and dyspnea, could it be WPW syndrome?

• Posted

Can i suggest you go back again, and again if they are not listening.

The blood pressure figures you have quoted are extremely low. The heart rate you quoted is very slow. An athlete who is very fit, they can get down to those kind of numbers.

Something isn't right, seek medical assistance and advice is my advice.

• Posted

Hi,

There is no harm in going to accident and emergency and they will do an ECG there and then to be on the safe side. Explain that you are struggling for breath, suffering from dizziness and are suffering from bradycardia and hypotension. It isn't unreasonable to go and get checked out at an emergency dept. with such symptoms. There is almost always a cardiologist on duty at accident and emergency that can answer your questions better than anybody on here.

The clubbing indicates low oxygen in the blood and can be caused by a number of heart and lung conditions.

Go and get checked out and if your ECG is abnormal it may speed up the treatment process for you. I hope you get the answers and help you are looking for.

• Posted

Thanks! I might just do that as I hate waiting for appointments and knowing what is wrong would put my mind at rest and start treatment sooner! Good idea!

• Posted

Hello TCup

I had breathlessness caused by fluid around the heart but with water pills my symptoms have improved. Like you I couldn't climb stairs and went on my hands & knees. Low B.P. caused dizziness but now that is under control. Are you diabetic ? Is your doctor a good listener ?

My previous G.P. didn't take me serious when I told him of my dad & his family's history of

heart problems. Then I had a heart attack in 2003 & my lifestyle changed to a sensible diet

plus exercise. I had a second heart attack in 2016 and required a stent plus an increase in

medication. You should see a cardiologist a.s.a.p.

Alpine

• Posted

So sorry to hear you have had 2 heart attacks but it is good to hear you are still here! Hopefully once I have had my referred test done, I will see a cardiologist who will give me some answers!

• Posted

These all are may be the symptoms of Heart arteries and Veins blockage. So you should follow the doctors recommendations.

• Posted

Hi T, It sounds like the same thing I had. The doctors called it congestive Heart failure. I also is an enlarged heart. Did they do an ex-ray of your lungs and heart. They would know for sure. Well sadly I need to say if this is the case you will need allot of heart care. My Heart care included and LVAD which is a pump that is installed on your heart to help. Two years after I recieved my LVAD I got a new heart. Im feeling real good now. But you need to get a good heart doctor first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.