Can anyone recommend a spinal surgeon in the U.K.?

Posted , 7 users are following.

i am looking for a spinal surgeon that is good outside of London anywhere in the U.K.? Any one know any good ones in the U.K.? Thanks x

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Professor Andrew King, practices at Hope Hospital on the NHS (Salford) & The BMI Alexandra (Cheadle) privately. He did my ACDF C6/7. Good luck! x

• Posted

Salford royal hospital manchester (use to be known as hope hospital Salford) have a great team of spinal surgeons.

Mr tambe

Mr Mohammed

Hope you get sorted .

• Posted

Neurosurgeon Dr Wynn Guy Jones Rvi hospital Newcastle. Also works private at the spire hospital Washington. You can google him
    • Posted

I have my treatment at the Rvi and Dr Jones is not my doctor but I have heard great things about him, good luck 😊

• Posted

Try and get referred to the Robert Jones & Angus Hunt orthopaedic hospital one of the best in the world it's based in Oswestry (Llangollen)

• Posted

Dr Balain, he is based at the Robert Jones Agnes Hunt RJAH Hospital Gobowen Shropshire
    • Posted

I'm under berlinder for my fusion op I think the hospital is absolutely amazing

• Posted

Yes I agree Barinder is a very good surgeon, he carried out a decompression op which went very well

Sadly now that I have a separate issue my back has degenerated that now requires a multi level fusion, my home county of Shropshire have vetoed all back operation unless urgent because of costs of procedures and success % rates! 

• Posted

Hahaha I knew I had spelt it wrong 🙈 I

Am sorry to about your new issues 😢 So are they saying you can't have another operation? My operation is due this year once I've had my spc done on the 22nd in 14 days not looking forward to it but needs must 😢, he is only performing the fusion and fitting cage for pain and nerve to see if can reduce my pain. I am currently in a wheelchair from a car accident.

• Posted

I had no idea you were in a wheelchair, really sorry to hear that and I can presume that would class your op as urgent. 

Whereas mine is early disc degeneration he told me my spine is that of an 85 yr old where in truth I was only 55 in December, so although critical for me on a sliding scale I'm down the list in comparison. 

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.