Can anyone recommend any herbal remedies rather than intrusive procedures?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have heard about Celseton and Lasnotax and wonder these work. Any information would be helpful.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry if it seems abrupt or rude, but there are none, nor are there any

scientifically studied remedies.  Well, that isn't correct, there are a few but when you look at the statistics, not really.  You are reading a post from someone who did not want I his anatomy rearranged.  For the life of me, I cannot fathom why anyone would volunteer for unnessisary surgery.  I take pride in my statement, " elective surgery is an oxymoron."  That being said, I just had the myotomy and partial fundiplication. Oh you can wait until you aspirate your dinner or watch it go into the toilet each night. Go ahead and be a "Bobo head" (a silly term for an idiot so it sounds nicer) just like me. If your barium swallow fluoroscope looks like birds beak, it isn't getting any better. Anything short of an intercessory miracle through the prayers of St Blaise, those nerve cells are not returning.  Do your homework, network and read healthgrades so as to find the right surgeon, learn what you can about the procedure. After the procedure, get out of bed as soon as they will let you and ambulated. 

• Posted

The "rather than" in your question is the difficult part!

If you try herbal remedies (and I have no nformation either way on the two you quote) it might make you feel better.   And to the extent that this might contribute to you being more relaxed, they might be beneficial.

It will all depend on how serious your condition is.   If you have a slight problem, then herbal remedies may help, as above, but do not expect anything and you will not be disappointed.   And be very careful of the sales pitches.

If you have a serious problem, then get the full tests and a proper diagnosis by a centre of excellence, and try and get a definitive treatment as soon as you can.   Surgeons do not generally recommend unnecessary surgery, so you oight to think about listening cerfully to their advice.

• Posted

Achalasia is a rare disease of the muscle of the oesophagus (swallowing tube). There are generally natural remedies for everything, but with Achalasia, the nerves of oesophagus stop working. So I think it would be unlikely to find a natural/herbal remedy that has long term effectiveness. But you can try a few, such as swallowing something warm or something cold. Carbonated drink can sometime help open the LES and also help with the spasms. Sometimes belching really hard might help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.