Can anyone relate?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had low level anxiety I've been able to deal with my whole life. After I had my son a few years ago it got worse. Then it went away for a bit and now it's back and was pretty bad for a while but has recently got a lot better than I was. I don't want to have to depend on medication. I tried Ativan but didn't like how sleepy I felt. Recently I've been having annoying episodes where it seems to flare up like crazy. It feels like I have a sudden rush of adrenaline almost too much that I can't handle it but it's just a weird feeling in my head and neck. On the outside I can act fine but it just feels like so much adrenaline or something. Sometimes I feel like I can't sit at my desk at work that I need to get up and walk outside or else I'm going to pass out. Has this happened to anyone? I've also had upper back pain that seems to hurt the most when my anxiety is at it's worst. I feel like a mess at times and just want this feeling to go away! What are some things that help you guys? Thanks so much I'm glad I found this website. It's definitely an exhausting struggle that no one can understand unless they've been through it.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ive had all these symptoms Molly and it is anxiety.

Try to distract yourself and keep busy.

A good diet exercise keep hydrated and meditation are all good

Your not alone

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

thanks so much, that makes

me feel better. it feels good just talking to people that have gone through it, I appreciate your comment smile

• Posted

There is no magic or anything to just make it go away, i wish there was. The adrenaline rushes are anxiety attacks. Cbt, mindfullness, belly breating, self calming techniques are all tools you can use to calm it down. Try not to fear it because then it will heighten. Its your fight or flight response in over drive.thats for the rush you feel. The muscle tension you feel is from stress and life and maybe bi weekly massages would alleviate that discomfort. Everyone has some part of them that gets the brunt of their anxiety. Its exhausting and debilitating at times but you have to accept it all so there isnt a fear response. Easier said then done. We all want it to go away and never return, maybe one day someone will figure it all out and let us know, dont expect anyone to understand this unless they have it. I dont think anyone could imagine the terror that can rush thru you. It would scare some people silly. I wouldnt might mind if a few scientists experienced it then maybe they would find a fix. Do yourself a huge favor and eat well balanced and healthy and keep hydrated so at least your body is physically well armed with nutrients. Feel better
    • Posted

you hit the nail on the head, thanks so much, just reading this made me feel better. You are right about no one understanding unless they've been through it. I've found I do feel better when I eat healthy and go to the gym. I wish you well too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.