Can anyone relate to these symptoms?Is this a migraine? Been almost a month.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 20 and feel alone in this. I had a doctor appointment last week even had some blood work done that came back normal and he says I have migraine orau. How do people manage to live with this and how long will it last.

I had a headache no more than an hour a week later I began experienceing tingling that always starts in my left hand then both hands start tingling, then they become sweaty. At times my armpits will sweat like crazy, I experience tingling in different parts of my body but only for a short time. I also have been randomly sweaty and then chilly all of a sudden.

Sometimes I experience vary little during the day other times almost nonstop. I have much more sweatyness and vary little tingling now. I have experienced tingling in almost every part of my body. I can't stand it and sometimes the sweatyness in my hands get so bad that I have to carry cleanex or a cloth with me. I'm normally a person with hand.

Can anyone help or realate.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

ok first of all Becca, you are NOT alone anymore, you have all of us.

Sorry you are experiencing these problems.

If its been going on that long and you get hot and sweaty but then chilly, you need to nag your dr again, to send you for tests,  Along with the other symptoms you have they need looking into.  The tingling bit is the most concerning and the dr should take notice

Dont feel along, come on here and tell us how you are anytime. let us know how you get on

Good luck Becca and take care.

Best wishes

Support is what we do best.

• Posted

you will need to see a neurologist and have an MRI, this is the first step in diagnosing whats causing your issues.  Their are many different types of migraine and different people react differently to the meds that treat them.  For intstance I get Hemiplegic migraine where I am totally paralysed down my left side and its stroke like symptoms.  I m treated with Botox and a drug called Flunarizine.  These may help you, but all that has to be determined by the Neurologist
    • Posted

I experienced some of these things 4 years ago for two weeks at the time I had a neurologist the increased my lamotragine dosages. My doctor doesn't want to increase my dosage if he doesn't have to. My parents and doctor believe it is a hareditary thing on one side of the family many people have migraines and just find there own ways to deal with it.

• Posted

Hi. I am almost 40 and have been a migraine woman since 14. I had all tests existing done and after being symptoms free for 10 years, I recommend you to test progesterone pills taken for several months. That helped me so much. My migraines are now back since I stopped the pill. I had to stop because of a bb plan. Just go to the right GPs. So many of the doctors I saw didn't t believe me in the past when I told them it was an hormonal problem

• Posted

Hi, I have hormonal migraines and they are getting worse now I am in my 40's. I am going to mention the progesterone tablets to my Dr. I have been given gabapentin following a rheumatology referral but haven't started them yet as I am sure the hormones are to blame. Hope you have been able to resolve your returning migraines. They are so debilitating and isolating. So few people understand the impact they have.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.