Can anyone set my mind at ease

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been having stomach problems for a while now, mainly bloating really bad that I look pregnant, mainly the upper part of my tummy and cramping pains, I stupidly googled symptoms and thanks to Mr Google have convinced myself I have ovarian cancer and I'm sending myself demented. I don't have any wind problems but I am always struggling to go to the toilet but I put that down as a side effect from the medication that I take for my back problems, but now I've sown the seed in my head it's driving me insane, please could someone share with me the type of pain bis causes please. Thankyou so much

Sharon (worried sick mummy of 3)

Xxxxxx

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone, well my blood tests came back clear which was a huge relief as I'd convinced myself my symptoms were that of ovarian cancer! I've now had to send off a stool sample for more tests to be done, I asked my doc about it possibly being ibs and she said I am showing many of the signs but says these days they don't diagnose it until much further down the line, the thing is I can't stand this discomfort much longer, I'm tempted to take buscopan but it states on it not to take unless diagnosed, can anyone recommend anything that wil ease the bloating and cramping or if they have taken buscopan before being diagnosed. Many thanks
    • Posted

I for one did not expect anything else because if I remember correctly you and I have similar symptoms cramping, bloating etc. 

I think the bloating is relieved by a visit to the loo in my experience. For cramps I have been drinking peppermint tea. This is new so I can not make an informed decision yet but so far so good.

• Posted

Thankyou hun, the bloating is still there even when been to the toilet. It's so frustrating not knowing
    • Posted

In that case I am at loss. When I was ill last week the following day my stomach was almost flat but a few days later it is distended again so that is how it works for me.

I understand frustration even if for a different reason. This week I have eaten many healthy foods including a large bag of spinach over 3 days that is and no action let's say. Also 3 bananas, raisins and sultanas etc.Therefore looks I am going to have to look at the laxative option for me too. 

I think it is all trial and error.

• Posted

Tell your doctor you are struggling with the pain and ask for Buscopan on a trial basis. It is a very mild drug and you can get it over the counter.  I was put on Mebeverine while waiting for diagnosis and it made me very much worse.  I tried Buscopan after being diagnosed with IBS and it worked along with painkillers.  I tried peppermint tea and it gave me heartburn and did nothing for the pain.  I already suffer from regular heartburn and I read peppermint oil/tea makes acid reflux worse.
  • Posted

Hi Sharon 

it does sound like IBS I have the symptoms you described enlarged stomach so you look pregnant . Pains in tummy and constipation Go see your dr  and have it confirmed   .

• Posted

So happy that it's not Cancer! smile  Thanks for letting us know!

So, It seems like in time you will have an official diagnosis - have Coeliac, h pylori and other causes been ruled out?  HUGS to you! Maybe knowing it's not cancer now will help allieviate some stress and symptoms a bit...

• Posted

good news for those with constipation as part of the yoyoing symptoms of IBS! A dear friend aged 82 is on opoids to relieve the extreme pain of arthritis. Her biggest problem allied to their use was constipation. She took remedies for this problem suggested by her doctor, but guess what! Good old liquorice! After experimenting she found one or two pieces of it in the evening has kept her problem free and this from someone who has been hospitalized in the past with severe constipation!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.