Can anyone suggest the most effective over the counter treatment for haemorrhoids.

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have been suffering with piles for a year now. I have never been constipated but I do seem to have an over active bowel as I have to go several times a day which means my piles never have a chance to heal. The are thrombosided or whatever the term is and I have tried several topical treatments and pessarys but nothing seems to make the slighteset difference. The doctor gave me some steroid cream but this did nothing either. Has anyone got any suggestions as I really don't want to have any medical inteventions. Thanks.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, you could try Anusol which is meant to be the number one cream. I have never tried it though.

If you do have thrombosed haemorrhoids, it would be best to get them operated or at least seen by a colorectcal surgeon. As you have had them for some time, you will feel a lot better after getting them removed completly. There are different surgicial options available. I had a haemorridectomy where they were cut out 6 weeks ago and it was definately worth it at the end.

• Posted

Trombosed external ones will heal by themselfs in ~2 weeks. They might come back sometime.

I decided to have mine trombosed external removed, but while i was waiting, it was gone and became pretty much a skin flap. So, i did not touch it - why risk and suffer from a surgical wound for many weeks for a skin flap?

None of the creams helped while it was trombosed, i tried different Preparation H.

You will just have to suffer for 2 weeks pretty much. But though you will in case of op.

• Posted

That's the problem mine aren't healing and they have been thrombosed pretty much permanently for months. I just didn't understand why they won't clear up as i never have to strain to go to the loo.

• Posted

KNOW where you are coming from have had bleeding for a few years now tried all the creams etc . Unfortunetly just got put on blood thinners which of course increased the bleeding etc i like you never wanted to address with any rectal dr however i had a very bas diaharrer attack when out with heavy bleed so i came home and made appt. As it turns out because of blood thinners i can not have much done unless come off them anyway what she did do was inject them directly in office which was not painful although sounds.

It has been bout a month and bleeding has all but stopped. I have appt in a few weeks for follow up which she said could do again if needed.

I also have IBS with all the going and not going so am on benefiber and miralax once a day so not to have to be putting pressure to go. Also sit baths daily help. In this group read terrible stories people in so much pain from procedures scary

Bottom line it all depends on how long you can deal with and it is just a suggestion other than any invasive things and something to try if you get to that point. No creams will work believe me. ALL a personal option .

I went to a rectal dr by the way

Best of luck

• Posted

Hello have just read story and have exactly the same thing as you heavy bleeding because of blood thinners. Get very depressed with it as it's a no win situation. Regards April

• Posted

You could try essential oils for haemorrhoids, lots of info online, Cypress, Frankincense, Peppermint, Tea Tree, essential oils need to be mixed with a carrier oil like sweet almond oil or Jojoba Oil, a ratio of about 2 drops essential oil to 1 teaspoon of carrier oil, when mixed just massage on the area for treatment, check out online, you can use essential oils in combination.

• Posted

if they pop out of your butt hole, you can push them back up with your fingers. it sounded insane when the surgeon i went to first told me this but the MF wasn't lying. for me the pain would be gone.

take three fingers of prep or Vaseline with a dab of lidocaine, it'll be strange and uncomfortable but it can really help you get by.

• Posted

Out of all the hem/pile creams I have used I like the maylinglong ointment the best. It's a Chinese herbal medicine bought from China town. It's not a cure, but it's worth a try. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi, Daft as it sounds if anybody has haemorrhoids chop half a garlic into smaller pieces, put this into a bucket, add boiling water so it just covers the garlic and sit on the bucket. The steam will help heal the issue but not in all cases. Diet/exercise/aloe vera/manuka honey/witch hazel/coconut oil/ Epsom salts in a bath. apple cider vinegar. These are options to consider.

• Posted

GO TO A DOCTOR THAT WILL INJECT THE HEMMS DIRECTLY . I BLEED EVERYDAY ALL DAY FOR YEARS SIT BATHS EVERY DAY ANY OINTMENT ON THE MARKET I COULD FIND NOTHING STOPPED IT?. I NEVER COULD WEAR WHITE OR LIGHT COLORED PANTS EVER IN CASE I BLEED ! FINALLY FOUND A DOCTOR THAT I WENT TO FOR INJECTIONS DIRECTLY TO THE HEMM. IT SOUNDS AWFUL BUTWAS NOT THAT PAINFUL AT ALL AND QUICKLY HAPPENS IN DR OFFICE? AFTER 4 VISITS I COMPLETELY STOPPED BLEEDING EVEN WHEN HAVING DIAH.

I CONSIDER MYSELF LUCKY ALSO ON BLOOD THINNERS WHICH HAD MADE IT WORSE AND THAT IS WHAT MADE MY FINIAL DECISION ONCE ON GOT WORSE ON THEM.

TRY EVEN BEFORE RUBBER BANDING NO SIDE EFFECTS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.