can anyone tell me how to get relief from tinitus

Posted , 5 users are following.

can anyone tell me how to get relief from tinitus

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jeanette

I know its horrible, I have had it for years in both ears, high pitched screams. No cure the dr's tell me.

• Posted

Hi Jeanette

You don't give any information about when your tinnitus started and what the cause was. I think there are cases that can get better but for the majority of us it appears to be a permanent thing. If it's some sort of infection it could go when the infection clears.

Hope you are one of those who recovers as I know how distressing it can be.

Good luck.

• Posted

thanku for your reply basicilly after many years of outpatients visits to ent clinic a collestiatoma was found ad opp last may to remove it ad tinitus eva since as anyone ad this opp i wud love to hear from anyone who as x
  • Posted

It depends on how you got your tinnitus. Mine was induced by a loud noise. I have no hearing loss (thankfully) but due to the trauma my brain makes me hear high pitched noises in both ears. My ENT said that the noise has nothing to do with my ears, it's all from the brain. Yoga and meditation really help. Meditation is extraordinarily good for the brain and therefore in silencing the tinnitus. I find it helps me de-stress and it turns don the volume of the tinnitus. I was also given two little white noise generators, which I wear in my ears each night. They mask the tinnitus sound and in time will make me focus out of it. I was told this will cure it but it can take long time. I've had my tinnitus for over 9 months and due to NHS waiting list didn't receive treatment until 3 weeks ago, so it can still take some time.

It's important to try and ignore the noise and focus out of it, else your brain will keep making you hear this sound. The methods above really help.

If your tinnitus is due to an infection, it should disappear in time.

Hope this helps!

• Posted

thaks f your reply i will try anything to get relief from this its very hard to ignore
    • Posted

Sorry for the late reply!

I do find it is fading slowly (at one point it was gone) but I'm looking after my mother's African Grey parrot at the moment and he makes so much loud noise, it sets it off again. rolleyes My ENT told me that these things can take years to fully go unnoticable.

• Posted

mine jus came out of no where was watching tv and it started went to docter im 21 and he said that my phone could have caused it said he has it 2 and it will go away in a month of 2 weeks iv had it now for like 5 months or somthing i take natura tinnitus tablets try it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.