CAn anyone tell me if I have fibro

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

My GP is inclined to diagnose me with fibromyalgia, but I'm not sure.  I have Widespread Chronic Pain and sleep sidturbance but nothing else. 

I am not fatigued, I have no cognitive issues, no tender points

My pain is pretty bad, it feels like all of my muscles keep seizing up.  It started with pelvic pain about two years ago.  I thought I almost had it beat, then last year it exploded to my back, neck (even the muscles in my throat feel tight) abs and face.  Sometimes its achey, but mostly it just feels like my muscles have seized up.  Sometimes I get spasaming in my face.  Also I get some burning pain at times in the pelvic area.   When I go to PT they can definately feel the tension in the muscles.

I have none of the classic trigger points of fibromyalgia.  

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help everyone. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ohh yeah... I have had all the rumatology tests.  Nothing really coming up there.  I have elevated mocolonial protein, which I dont think has any relevance here.  MRI of my neck and pelvis shows minor arthrities and disc degeneration on par with someone my age (I"m a 51 yo female), nothing that would result in the kind of pain I;m having.  Just started Lyrica and it does seem to help.  Lots of icky side effects though. 

Thanks again. 

I'm sorry everyone is going through this

• Posted

Hi my daughter been on lyrics for 4yeas now started on low dose and increased due to nasty side effects but been a life saver for her pain..... she busy reducing nw again on 75mg as she wants to have a baby soon an wants to be off it by then.... just a pity these drugs have such terrible side effects.... your body gets use to it then effects go away... hang in there.....goodluck
  • Posted

Hi Ouch.

It's not nice to be in so much pain and not agree with your Dr's opinion - been there, done that.

Have you heard of Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR)? It's a condition that causes pain, stiffness and inflammation in the muscles around the shoulders, neck and hips.

My gp looked into this recently for my headaches (I have hypermobile ehlers-danlos syndrome, as well as fibro) but as I am younger than 50 the rheumatologist dismissed it. Maybe worth having a look into.

Good luck hun, I hope you get the right diagnosis and help soon

• Posted

Hi,

So sorry, this.  Thank you so much for your reply.  I still dont know what I have, my rhumatologist checked for all the issues possible, rhumatic and connective tissue stuff.  I just cant figure it out. 

They seem to wnat to call it "Chronic Widespread Pain", but naming it doesnt really help me much :-(

• Posted

Whoops... sorry for the typo.  I meant to say "So sorry, Just saw this"  :- )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.