Can anyone tell me if they think it's been worth it

Posted , 13 users are following.

Seriously can anyone say that it's been with it on this Flouxitine don't remember being this bad before I went on it , the doctors should be made to tell u what's going to happen during the first couple of months coz I think I would of said not a chance now am to scared to come off them after 5 weeks what the hell x

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

my answer in an emphatic no.  I felt some measurable positive difference about 5-6 weeks in and that quickly faded.  Upping the dosage to 60 mg didn't work. I have an anxiety issue, not a depression issue, and it is a 2 - 2.5 day a week issue.  I am also highly on edge and very irritated by the slightest inconveniences and have felt feelings of agression the past month and a half.  I am not waiting for 9-12 months to see if this works....I don't have the time to invest in that.  Give me some Xanax or Valium and let me take it 2-3 days a week and I think I will be good.

• Posted

I agree with you, I was doing pretty good up until 4.5 weeks into it and things progressively got worse to the point where my anxiety was so bad I couldn't leave my house. After 7 weeks I decided to call it quits because there is no way I should be feeling that way. Honestly, I've tried so many antidepressants for my anxiety and none of them work, in fact they all seem to make it worse. I;ve been dealing with this for over a year now. So for now I'm going to take klonopin as needed and see what happens from there. 

• Posted

I seen on a chat you have stopped , it's not for everyone an I don't blame you , hope ur feeling better very soon , xx

• Posted

Hi Jayne, I have been on fluox 10mg for 4 months then increased to 20mg 7 weeks ago. While i have side effects, such as occassional reflux, bowel symptoms, fatigue in the afternoons sometimes, vivid dreams etc BUT I have no more chest pain, dread doom and paranoia. I still experience small bouts of anxiety but not to the degree i had before (we all have anxiety). I dont feel depressed or hopeless. I have been promoted at work, I have a supportive partner who is very patient with me. I say hang in there. It has been worth it for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.