Can anyone tell me if they think it's been worth it

Posted , 13 users are following.

Seriously can anyone say that it's been with it on this Flouxitine don't remember being this bad before I went on it , the doctors should be made to tell u what's going to happen during the first couple of months coz I think I would of said not a chance now am to scared to come off them after 5 weeks what the hell x

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Im at month 5 40mg, and started to feel back as i did on day 1,,,ive had 5 days of hell, not sure if i should keep going on this or quit, or change meds, or lower my dosage, but i think at 5 months it should be working by now.
  • Posted

Yes I have been on 20mg 6 months now and most definitely feel a lot better. I can cope with life now. I am back at work. There will always be some side effects but for me it's worth it. My main side effects are lethargy (especially trying to wake up in the morning) and my short term memory is a bit effected but as long as I write this down this is tolerable. Good luck smile I was not coping at all before

• Posted

Hi Jean

Can I ask how long it was before you felt ok?  I am on week 9 and still feel awful most of the time?

thank you x

• Posted

It sure works for me too. Certainly for my bulemia type behaviours and binge eating. Intrusive sexual thoughts more or less gone which where becoming unbearable. Problem is now I've become obsessed with losing weight again. I'm on 80mg.

I'm new to the forum btw and all those still waiting for positive effects.... It will get better.

• Posted

Hi Jayne

I'm new to this site, although I was on it a few years ago (same problem)!  I am on week 9 of fluoxitine and I feel awful most of the time.  I don't know whether to up my dosage but I'm really frightened to.  I am also really frightened that i have something else wrong with me and not "just" anxiety.  Can anyone offer any reassurance please - thank you x

• Posted

Hi jo so sorry ur having a bad time , am going into week six on Sunday , an feel the same to scared to up my dose an to scared to stop , it just awful , going to see my doctor today 4 30 to see what I can do feel like am cracking up xxx
    • Posted

Hi Jayne, thanks for responding so quickly, I've had anxiety before and been on prozac numerous times - it does always get better in the end but the process seems to get longer each time and it doesn't feel like it will get any better right now! - if someone could tell me it will be ok eventually I would feel better.  I hope you get on ok at the doctors, keep posting xx

• Posted

Hi Jo,

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I have read that every time you re-start fluoxetine (or any AD you've previously taken), it can take a lot longer to work. But that doesn't mean it won't - just means you have to be patient. I know that isn't easy, I'm so ready to feel normal again too. Just try to take one day at a time and think positively. I also read on here that the medicine only works if we believe it will, which I thought was interesting. I would give it some more time, and continue to use these forums for support.

• Posted

Hi Jennifer that you for your kind words, it does help to discuss things on here, how long have you been taking flu? How are you feeling? X
    • Posted

I'm on day 22. It's a total roller coaster of side effects. Today I'm feeling dizzy and nauseous - i went days without that symptom so I'm bummed that it's back. Just trying to get thru each day, it's definitely not an easy ride!

• Posted

Month 6 on  40mg day 7 on 60mg, at this point im not sure if it's the meds or me?  Two months ago i started with a pain on the back of my head, which i think are my ossicpital nerves, and this has made my anxiety skyrocket, so that's why my doc upped my dose,but i still get the ringing in my ears, the head rushes, the faint feeling, the shortness of breath, so not sure if i should stay on this or just give up?

• Posted

Hi Jes that seems a very long time to be getting side affects still , I would definitely speak to your doctor again , if you decide to stop do it with the doctors advices , feel better soon xx
    • Posted

I did talk to him and he just upped my dose and told me to go see him in 1 month.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.