Can anyone tell me if this ever happened ? If not what should I do

Posted , 3 users are following.

Two nights ago I went to go to sleep and every time I closed my eyes I saw like a bright white light and it was hurting my eyes... I am currently going off of .125 of klonopin btw ... I'm not a coffee or caffeine drinker, but I decided to drink an ice cap yesterday..: after a little while my nose and my upper lip got very numb I felt super shaky my hands and legs were shaking uncontrollably and my hands were tingly my head hurt my tounge went numb my right arm went numb and I just didn't feel like myself. I felt calm my heart was not racing but I also felt like I wanted to run around the block 50 times I was also trapped in the car. My throat felt like I was closing and I had to keep swallowing saliva to make sure I was okay ... has this ever happened to anyone and if so did you go to the hospital. I feel better now just scared my nose just still feels weird ... I have never had a seizure before but I'm scared that's what could of been happening today I do not feel normal at all my right arm feels heavy my nose feels weird and my body feels weak did I have a stroke or is this anxiety , but I am 24 so I'm not sure. If someone can please let me know if they ever expiernced something like this and what happened can you please lmk. Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Jaclyn

For all these problems you are relating to no-one could tell you it is just Anxiety, you would not believe us so I would recommend you talk to your GP.. He/She will try and put your mind at rest.

Keep a hold, make that appointment do not worry

BOB

• Posted

I get all weird light stuff. I have been told anything with eyes open is the eyes. Anything with eyes closed is the brain.

So most likely migrane activity. I know what you are talking about had it my whole life. Even when i didnt have any anxiety.  It is scary. I tried to explain it to eye dr. Once as like very bright shinning in my eyelid only in a dark room. I rememeber being little and having that and being confused by it. It isnt a stroke and im not sure its anxiety im sure it could be related its migraine activity. You dont even have to have headache either. I have had nuero testing and scans .. for this nothing was ever noted but migrnae stuff according to the nuero.they even tested for seizures activity back when i was 21. So you arent alone in that weird stuff. Thats regarding the eye stuff. 

For the rest anxiety is cruel and does thing to the body that make no random sense at all. It just seems the body is almost like a reflection of the mind. Thats why it is so important to do your best to think positive.

i have no real answers for you its all so strange. This is just from my own life experience.

• Posted

yup...one of the many symptoms of anxiety or in my case generalized anxiety disorder.  i recall scheduling an appointment immediately with my doctor...they did full checkup...mri no contrast etc...  i'm healthy on paper...just wish it felt like it.  not only did i get the flashes of light but on another occasion felt as if i could see perfectly clearly with my eyes closed lights out...saw feint color hues like dark blues and even full color spectrum..but very feint...was weird..as if i was drifting way out in space...wasn't a dream...visual anomaly i had.

• Posted

No it wasn't a stroke or a seizure and how did you get trapped in the car?

Chrissie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.