Can anyone tell me what they think this might be please?!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I noticed this when I started shaving. Anyone know what it could be?? image

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Anyone have any idea??

• Posted

I obviously can't get into the doctors with everything that's going on I was just abit worried as iv never experienced anything like this before.

• Posted

It might be Molluscum contagiosum. You'll have to get it checked. Before you confirm it, you should try to prevent spreading the virus by wash your hands, avoiding touching the bumps, avoiding shaving over the infected areas, avoiding sharing personal items (clothing, towels, hairbrushes...) and avoiding sexual contact.

• Edited

Dear User17993,

I agree with john- these could be molluscum contagiosum (MC).

Examine the lumps carefully- do some of them appear with a dimple (slight depression) in the centre? If you can identify this feature, then it confirms the diagnosis. Unfortunately, you'll need to see your doctor for some treatment- either cryotherapy or some cream (imiquimod or podophyllotoxin). If you are absolutely confident of the diagnosis and you can't see your doctor, then ask your chemist (drugstore) if they stock "10% potassium hydroxide to treat molluscum".

As MC is an STD, you and your partner/s should get screened for other sexual infections.

And please stop shaving the area- you're likely to spread the infection!

Rgds,

Adhari.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.