Can arguments and life changes cause pain ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Not feeling good again after stressful events

My partner cones home from work and I think took his stress put on me he started to argue with me for a hour or so I wasn't even able to argue back lol

I ended up in tears ect and kept away for a hour now I have come.to sit in the living room and I have sharp chest pains that are in my back too really sharp and painful also in my arm ect I'm really worried as I get chest pain but not normally this bad and sharp it's like stabbing pain I have to grip hold of where it hurts and even make a noise because it hurts kinda like snapping pain of that makes sence ??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It sounds very much as though the anxiety is biting again Steph, and this would be expected if there has been an argument with your partner.

As difficult as this is Steph, just try to calm down and think to yourself that had your partner realised the effect that this would have on you, maybe the argument might not have happened.

Have you had the opportunity to discuss your problem with him yet?

• Posted

Yes he knows very well about it .

I still have sharp shoulder tip pain now just feel lost because it's taking its time to stop hurting

• Posted

Ah, bless you Steph.

I'm so sorry to hear of your anxiety and pain.

I do hope that you try and relax a bit, and maybe tomorrow will be a better day for you.

• Posted

Confrontation will set me off with panic. And anger. Try the breathing exercises. If that does not help, remove yourself from the argument. We should feel safe with the ones we love, but that is not always easy. Therapy will help you with that also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.