Can axniety cause heavy periods?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anybody else get heavy periods with anxiety?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kirsty, since Ive had anxiety I've noticed heavier periods! I saw a gynaecologist a few months ago that confirmed extra stress on the body can make your periods heavier.... With increased anxiety also! Take care xxxxx
    • Posted

Are you one any medication?

Iv always had heavy painful periods but I started getting anexity about 4 months ago and the first 3 periods was nothing compard to what I use to be like but this morning Mother Nature payed a visit and don't I know about it and I have been more stressed this month.

• Posted

I'm not on any medication no but on my last period I had clots quite big and it was so heavy.
    • Posted

I get blood clots aswell told my doc years ago and she didn't seem worried and put me on some tablets that help slow blood down its user for people after they have a operation but was only aloud them for a few months and my period went heavy and had blood clots again and she said its just my cycle not much more can be done. But if ur worried and its unusual for you ring your doc
    • Posted

I'm going to see what my next one is like then I will. Were your clots big?
  • Posted

Yes mine are heavier but also more irregular.. strange! 
    • Posted

How often do u need to change your towel or tampon? I used to be heavy and changing nearly every hour that's when the doc give me meds to help slow down in still heavy but more when I go toilet then on pad if that makes sense. Some of my blood clots has been the size of a 2p coin no bigger
    • Posted

Yeah that's the same as me - although one of my clots seemed huge and I had quite a few but only one quite big

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.