Can be deja vu related to anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last few days I have started to experience deja vu few times a day...they are quite week and take only second or two and there are also some bit stronger but they also take only two or three seconds

I also experienced it at night during I dreaming and I woke up in panic because I'm too scared of them...I have read that it is related to epilepsy and I'm too scared!!!

Now I can't stop thinking about it and I'mfso scared of getting it again

My anxiety is really bad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

dont worry its absolutely related to anxiety. ive had it many times so have others! DONT THINK worse case , anxiety causes negative thinking and its important you realize that. the more worried you are, the more you will get the sympyoms like dejavu.

you need to learn anxiety management. see a counselor. when i have it undercontrol i dont get deja vu.

your gonna be fine. listen to meditations for anxiety and paniv on you tube. they really help! ❤

• Posted

You also have deja vu during anxiety?? Is it normal to have it few times a day??

I did relaxation, meditation, but as soon as I got back to reality I start to think about it too much and It causing me more anxiety...

• Posted

yes i do get it during anxiety. When we are anxious, the brain sort of rapidfire’s and it pulls up weird thoughts sometimes. Including déjà vu. I have heard many people having the same thing happened with anxiety. that’s why it’s a good idea to relax your mind and manage the anxiety as best you can. The brain is a very complex Organ with billions of neurons and it’s not surprising that these things can happen. The déjà vu are harmless even though I know it feels disturbing .

just know that you are not alone experiencing this. It’s very common with anxiety and stress. ❤

• Posted

One more thing, keeping busy really helps. It takes your mind off of yourself and what’s going on. I find that doing something for other people really helps me a lot because I’m focusing on them.

your brain will do what you tell it to do. So if you tell yourself you’re anxious your brain will respond by sending out symptoms of anxiety.

• Posted

im 11 and i have been having really bad anxiety and now im starting to get deja vu ive read up about it and anxiety in some cases does cause deja vuvi hope this helped

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.