can benadrly prevent vomiting and nasua

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I went to the doctor yesersday and he presribe me omeparzole but i end up throwing up too. i been throwing up a lot and i need something to settle my tummy. I tired zofran and that worked at the benging but it stop working and it could be two things nerves or acid relfux. 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Detour12, 

I'd personally want to know why I was throwing up i.e. what is causing it? as opposed to taking a drug to stop you from vomiting (which doesn't solve the underlaying cause).

It could be so many things and it would be very difficult to provide an answer on here. For example: are you male/female? How old are you? what meds are you on? are you physically well? when did the vomiting start? Is there a patten ie certain foods? environment? Do you have any allergies (known). Is it norovirus? as thats been doing the rounds lately......so many things to be looked into. I hope you can find a local naturopath who can help you find the answer.   

• Posted

I agree Scooby, sometimes taking drugs which only mask symptoms isn't the best way to go about it, and sometimes they can even cause other problems.

I always prefer to find more natural remedies that heal as well as improving symptoms.

Good that you mentioned certain foods too; it could be that.

• Posted

Hi I think i vomit because of nerves. I went to see my doctor and he presrbied me omeprazole and it seems to be working for now i tired having the feeling of i am going to throw up but on the first day i vomit and the second day i did as well. but i am 21 and a male 
    • Posted

Yes, dieting is a terrific response to this.  
  • Posted

Ginger. Try fresh ginger. A teaspoon at a time. If you have a juicer. Of you dont have a juicer cut thin slices and out it in hot water wait about ten minutes and sio the water. Needs to be fresh to really work. Good luck and feel better. If it is anxiety i would hope they can give you something for the anxiety to help calm everything down. Im guessing you already had a thourough gastro exam.
    • Posted

I said try Ginger. If you're too tired or busy to prepare fresh Ginger use Ginger tea. It works very well if you buy quality tea bags

• Posted

Ginger is more useful. Rae ginger oeeled. One inch. Juice it with an apple or brew it sliced and sip.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.