Can bladder e coli spread

Posted , 3 users are following.

had this for weeks. Four separate antibiotics none work. Now got awful fatigue and some diarrhoea. Will it go in time

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If you have been on antibiotics for a while go to the drugstore and get you some probiotics and try taking them they usually get your stomach back in the right balance
  • Posted

The infection may be resistant to the antibiotics.  You may need a different type of antibiotic.  After finishing the course, take probiotics to rebuild gut flora.
    • Posted

Dr has given different antibiotic again so will see what happens but feeling really unwell, dr says uti with need for kidney function tests tomorrow.  Probiotics when uti gets fixed i think
    • Posted

My mum had antibiotic resistance when she had a UTI and was successfully treated with a different drug.  She often took cranberry juice because she frequently had these infections.  Unfortunately, it did nothing for her and she had to take antibiotics.

Hope you get it sorted.

• Posted

Thank you. They have tried several drugs so far, which one helped in the end? I am not allowed cranberry as on warfarin
  • Posted

Unfortunately these antibiotics are so resistant there useless.I've found that almost in all cases you need to go a natural route.The most effective treatment for any UTI is a sugar called D-Mannose.It's sold in powder form and it clears up UTI very quickly.Urinary tract bacteria will latch on to it as soon as it gets in your bladder and be eliminated in urine.Another cheap solution is to take supplemental Cranberry caps or drink cranberry juice and drink a ton of water.This has never failed me.Do your own research on D-Mannose .Dr. Mercola,at mercola[/b].com[/b] has validated research on D-Mannose. Just go to articles and search D-Mannose.You can get this powder on Amazon under a ton of brand names.Hope this helps!

• Posted

i will ask my gp about this today. I hope i can take it as im on warfarin, any known interactions?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.