Can blepharitis cause under eye bags/swelling/dark circles?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with blepharitis last november, however in the last 2 months I have had really noticable under eye bags that has came out of nowhere. I have not changed anything in my routine so could this possibly be related to my eye problems? I also have redness in my eyes. When they say blepharitis is inflammation of the eyelid do they mean the upper eyelid or bottom aswell? My upper eyelids are not swollen only under my eyes. How do i treat this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My bags definitly got worst too
  • Posted

Bleph can affect upper lids,lower or both. In the beginning my eyes were swollen under the eyes. Main thing is keep that area free of oil. Clean well with just plain cool water helped me.
  • Posted

yes,yes,yes,to all three......   just keep area clean and once in awhile it flares! 
  • Posted

Yeah my under eyes seem oily and noticeably more swollen. I am thinking of getting fillers under my eyes because it is making me look so bad. Im a male and don't have any idea on how to use make up etc.

• Posted

Look for concealer,covers dark circles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.