Can bright lights cause flashes in vision? I'm getting a lot of anxiety from this

Posted , 6 users are following.

i recently made a post about stress and eye problems. I'm wondering if stress and bright lights can cause these weird flashes in vision? I was on my phone, before bed, with 75% or 100% brightness on, which is pretty bright esepcially in a dark bedroom. I'm really trying to stop my habit of using my phone before bed....overall, reduce my screen time. Well, after being on my phone, I turned it off and start to go to sleep. I stared at the walls and slowly drift off but I noticed that's ive been seeing flashes? They weren't anything extreme, just little flashes of light. They weren't that noticeable, I just happened to be focusing a lot on it. I of course went on my phone to search on google. But then I turned my brightness down and a few moments later, they start to slowly stop? Today, I've been at school and not looking at bright screens. I try really hard to focus to see if there is still any flashes. So far, I haven't been able to see flashes (thank goodness) except a really small flash after once again, playing on my iPad for a little while (brightness was also high, I just turned it down). Help, I'm really worrying about this only because it could mean a retinal detachment. I don't really feel any pain. My vision have been getting blurrier which is probably due to a lot more screen time and stress. Everything nowadays is on electronics and I have lots of homework on there. I also been playing games a lot more because of stress. I did have a few pain in the head a few times here and there.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.