Can C. Diff affect your HRT?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recently had a bout with c.diff caused from too many antibotics. The medicine I was on for it was Flayg (spelling?) for ten days. Could the med and/or c. diff cause me to start bleeding after I have finished my course of meds?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

There is that possibility since I, too also took flagyl for candida albicans and I had a slight bout of a period a few days later. Had I been on hrt maybe it would have been more prominent.

• Posted

These xxx removed my post even though you name the product and yet, I'm not allowed to. Anyway, I said, I experienced the same after taking it, a week later, I'm not on hrt but had I been maybe I would have been more, it was only slight.

• Posted

I meant to say a week later I experienced the slight bleed.
    • Posted

Today was lighter. I have called my GYN, they said give it to Monday. C. Diff and meds might have caused it? Time will tell. Thank you for replying.
  • Posted

Not quite the same but several years ago I had a really bad chest infection and ended up on antibiotics. I was absolutely exhausted and felt either this or the antibiotics brought on a period which nearly finished me off. Never knew what caused it and was really scared

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.