Can cervical issues cause facial numbness and tingling

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been experiencing numbness tingling sensation on my cheeks, chin and sometimes nose area.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cody.

I never got those sensations on my face... maybe someone else can shed further light.

Several years ago I had the symptoms you are describing but it turned out to be Cellulitis in my face.

Have you been to the doctors with your face symptoms?

Chrissie

• Posted

Hi Chrissie,

Thanks for response. I'm told I should get a MRI of the brain. It's a constant thing bow , the tingling numbness sensation in face have it a little in legs too, achy legs. Thought it could be coming from my cervical issues but not sure.

• Posted

Achy legs for sure, I had burning sensations come and go in various places on my head also so probably possible. I think once you have nerve issues, it can manifest itself in many ways.

You might try to see a neurosurgeon for advice.

• Posted

Actually the sensations you are feeling in your facial area are probably caused by tiny nerves being affected by that cervical condition in your back.  I have the same thing, and though I've had one of the biggest spine surgeries ever done, I am still bothered with those little tingly sensations on the left side of my face. If any swelling, inflamation etc. is bothering nerves, that can surely cause your problem.  It can go away as quickly as it appeared, but most always will reoccur.  Good health wishes sent your way!.

• Posted

I have spinal stenosis mainly in the C5-C7 area. I've had numbness in my right hand pinky and ring fingers and my right forearm. Horizant seems to help a little.

I am looking for experiencs from those who have had Epidural Steroid Injections for their spinal stenosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.