Can Chlorine in a swimming pool make BV worse?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone know please? Using soap can so am thinking since Chlorine is a cleaning agent or sorts then it could make BV worse? Really want to take up swimming again but don't want to til I know.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I imagine that pools can be really dirty, but you aren't going to get the water inside you for the most part so it probably won't make it worse.  I don't swim though so I can't say for sure.  If it gets you exercising it's probably better than not going!

• Posted

I think it would. If soap can, then I can imagine chlorine would cause the same effect.
  • Posted

Ok thanks so much everyone. Looks like I best not to be on the safe side. sad

• Posted

NO I swear on my life it helps it, also I have chronic BV and take a pro biotic every day! Both things together have worked miracles! If it's really bad, go see the gyno - but after the anti biotics are done take a pro biotic once per day! It will always keep them away. I'm not at home right now but I think you want a probiotic with lacto bacillus ??😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.