can chronic acid reflux be cured? help pls

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi,

i am 28 yr suffering from severe acidity for 1 yr now . 8 month ago i had an endoscopy nothing was found & i have been diagnosed with functional dypepsia. since then i am taking ppi medicine like ( pantoprazole, omeprazole , rebeprazole) but its helping monetarily if i stop medicine for 1 day its starts again severe acidity like i will die out of it. now from last 4 months i am having abdominal pain in center of abdomen below the chest just below the ribs joint & also both side of the lower abdomen . i am suffering alot totally confused it can be cured or i have to die with it cause if i continue taking this medice side effects will bring life threatening disease at an early age

is any cure possible from this severe acidity ??

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi! Could this be a feeling, and not real acid or bile? One doctor told me it's possible. You should ask your doctor.

• Posted

Look up symptoms for low acid and see if you have too much or too little, alot of times the low acid mimics the high..so sorry u hurt so bad..wish I could say we found a cure on these forums but we havent. Look on the forum, How I beat globus and maybe check out what some are trying and c if any thing could possibly help you. Hope you find a cure..keep redearching, Never give up..read, read, read...wink
    • Posted

Also some get help with anxiety meds.ask yr dr. I usent 2 tsp organic apple cider vinegar in cup of water every morning, which seems to help..hope you can find something that can help you..wink
    • Posted

i can clearly see ppi medicine causing other disease , i can feel but right now i cant give up ppi medicine as my condition is critical at the same time i have to giveup otherwise i khow i will not live longer
    • Posted

Have you changed your diet? Just read on globus forum where one gave up all carbs caffein and bad fats and she has felt much better..I'm working on that myself but so hard because I LOVE my carbs. .wink

• Posted

Susant nothing will help i am also feeling the same no ppi will help i have extreme burping problem and heart burn i have done endoscopy thats normal but ppi didnot help at all still trying to figure out i feel i have heart problem i am 31 few days back i have ct angiography waiting for result but my main problem is burping heaviness in left chest heart palpitation and ibs have done colonscopy which is normal..........
  • Posted

there are three medical procedures that one can have to try to prevent acid reflux, they are

​the stretta procedure

​the linx procedure 

​or a fundoplication, there are a few different options.

​I would chose the linx procedure and am currently going through additional testing to qualify

​Good luck

• Posted

there are three medical procedures that one can have to try to prevent acid reflux, they are

​the stretta procedure

​the linx procedure 

​or a fundoplication, there are a few different options.

​I would chose the linx procedure and am currently going through additional testing to qualify

​Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.