Can core needle biopsy change the shape of breast?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just had core needle biopsy on my right breast yesterday. I have a small lump that needed to be tested to see if it is cancerous. The Doctor took out about 4 to 5 of tissue samples out of my breast which i think is normal for standard biopsy test. I have relatively small chest (32A size) and I am concerned that if core biopsy may have changed the size of my breast or flatted it due to taking out too much tissue from my small breast. I can feel my right breast is relatively smaller than my left breast and became smaller than before. Is this possible? I hope this is not the case but it feels like my right breast has become smaller after biopsy was done. When I compared my right breast to left side, the right breast was visibly smaller/flatter than the left breast. I can even feel my right breast smaller than left side when i touched them. Can someone please tells me if it is possible to disfigure the size of the breast by doing biopsy!!! I am already nervous about the result but on the top of that, the fear of dis-figuration makes me even more anxious.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I do not think so. Its normal to have a breast that is smaller than the other one. I hope you do not have cancer, i suppose you could of asked the doctor who took the samples from you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.