Can Crohn's be caused by a fungus

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi , could crohn's be caused by a Fungus , Candida Tropicalis , or S marcescens. fungus. if so what's the cure idea

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Forgot  the E coli as well . a combination of all three,
  • Posted

Currently the cause of crohns is unknown.

many  have yet to find a cause.

its believed to be genetic susupbtibilty, external and enivormental factors.

so no, i dont  think either of those cause Crohns.

likewise no diet, vitamin suppliment, alternative treatments will cure it.

it cannot as of yet, BE cured.

no one virus, pathogin, life style, diet or anything else has been shown to cause it.

if only it were so simple hey?

• Posted

I don’t think a cure was mentioned, the post was just asking if there is a link . 
    • Posted

On the contrary original post said " if so what's the cure".

• Posted

Hi Alfielefoo , 

but it won't stop me looking for something that might help. even penicillin was created by accident  ,MAP ,fungus, antibiotics could be the catalyst that causes it ,Clarithromycin is big one for me.Metronidazole is only thing that stopped it , Flagyl intravenous .in hospital .Helicobacter pylori .    

• Posted

I’ve read it can be , I have Candida and was under investigation for Crohn’s . Thankfully I’m clear but I’ve read so much about it and there is clear evidence of a link 
  • Posted

The foremost authority in the UK for advice and guidance is Crohns and Colitis UK. I shan't repeat their advice here but suffice to say many things have been "linked" to these diseases but a definitive cause has not been identified nor has a "cure" though many disreputable agencies claim otherwise.

• Posted

Hi Jokuar, What if crohn's is TB of the bowel .not the lungs, is this a new one, according to my consultant  TB of the bowel can lay dormant for decades then reactivate in later life,  called latent TB and very hard to distinguish between the two even with colonoscopy they look the same.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.