Can Crohn's go away

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's last October by colonoscopy after 2 weeks in hospital but have been watching what I eat and have lost 30lbs. Drs believe that it was triggered by medication I was on for my MS but since January I've been pretty much symptom free and I'm curious if anyone thinks it could go away one medication is out of system? Or am I just lucky and should just keep up with the foods I'm eating and exercise to keep it at bay. I'm not on much medication for either disease right now aside from imuran and multivitamins but aside from occasional symptoms like fatigue, bloating and some gut pains, I am doing pretty good.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I'm not a professional but I wouldn't think that crohns would fully go away. When i was on steroids for my crohns you would never have known I had such a disease! Once I came off the steroids it suddenly hit me again....

Also the past few days I'd been having bad flare ups so yesterday I decided not to eat ANY meat whatsoever and today I feel perfectly fine again!!!

So you may find that a lot of your symptoms have settled and that by eating the right foods your insides have probably healed to a certain extent but I'd warn that if you stopped doing certain things this could worsen again.

However as I said I'm not a doctor or anything lol, but all the bestsmile

• Posted

There is no cure for Crohns disease, however you can go into remission.

Crohn's disease cannot be cured. Medications such as steroids and immunosuppressants are used to slow the progression of disease. If these aren't effective, a patient may require surgery. Additionally, patients with Crohn's disease may need to receive regular screening for colorectal cancer due to increased risk.

• Posted

wasn't suggesting it was a cure just that another dr of mine suggested because it was due to certain medication maybe once they were out of my system it would go away. I think he was suggesting that the symptoms weren't actually crohns but due to the meds

• Posted

It can’t be cured and you’ll always have it but you can go into remission or be ok for a while . 

It won’t leave you though or go away . X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.