Can Cymbalta cause facial weakness?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have unexplained facial muscle weakness. My smile is crooked and I can't swish water in my mouth when I brush my teeth. I took Cymbalta for a few years but am off it now. Does anyone know if Cymbalta could have caused this? MRI of my brain. was normal.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hello tammy! i am not sure how much research you did on this medicationi am no doctor but i highly doubt your facial weakness is from the medicinethat was good you had an MRI and showed normal results if it is BELLS PALSY, i would advise you see your doctor to start you on steroids and anti viral medicine since they say bells is caused by a virus damaging your 7th cranial nerve in your face

i am 6 months into this and getting betteri guess you could say i have a severe casei wish you luck but would do more research and talk to your primary doctor xoxo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.