Can cymbalta help with Nonspecific urethritis?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i been on a few medications for over bladder but sadly the symptoms still continue. But i did have Enterococcus faecalis in the urine. but that went away after taking an antibiotic. this was back in Jan. and i did get a another urine sample done and it came back clean no infection found. but i read online some antidepressants can help by relaxing the urethral sphincter relax, and my doctor did metion some antidepressants that can help but she thinks it might be Cystitis but my first app there they did a bladder test and they said i have some inflammation of urethra. i do have anxiety heath reflated as well. Has anyone tired cymbalta for this before ?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I haven't heard of cymbalta so I cannot advise you. However I suffered with OAB, microscoptic blood in my urine and recurrent UTI's for several years and tried lots of different medication. Eventually I went to see a urologist and had a cystoscopy which was uncomfortable but NOT painful to rule out anything serious. There wasn't anything serious but I was prescribed low dose antibiotics to prevent recurrent UTI's and Mirabegron for my overactive bladder and I haven't had any symptoms for over a year now. I was also told that it is common for ladies of a certain age (I am 63) to have microscoptic blood in their urine and that it is often (as in my case) nothing to worry about. I hope you get the treatment you need and are soon feeling better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.