Can diltiazem make you bleed more?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, newbie here. My PCP prescribed me diltiazem ointment for my fissure and said to follow up with a CRS. I couldn't get in to see the CRS for over a month, so after using the ointment for all that time, I get it healed cuz he said he didn't see anything. Yay!

But fast forward to today, a month after that, and I got a little dehydrated so I had a "recurrence". It was painful but I didn't see any blood. I immediately used the diltiazem afterwards. Then only a few minutes later, I had to go again, urgently. This time it was diarrhea (sorry, TMI) but there was a considerable amount of blood this time. Could that be from the diltiazem? Would it worked that quickly?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

*guess it healed (not "get"wink

• Posted

Hi there, the blood shouldn’t be from the Diltiazem. Personally, I also have pain and blood more from Diarrhea. Although it is important to never get constipated. I take Miralax every evening without fail. But it definately sounds like your fissure is back. Go back to sitz baths, cut out meat and dairy, take your Miralax, eat lots of fruit and vegetables and use the Diltiazem and hopefully your fissure will heal again. If it recurrs again then I would see the CR again as you may need to have LIS surgery. Good luck! 
    • Posted

Is diltiazem a cream or pill? Over a year ago, I was prescribed a compound with dialtizem that had to apply twice a day. the idea is that helps dilate blood vessels to promote healing. it was painful to insert the cream but there was no bleeding. eventually, the fissure healed but it took almost 3 months and two rounds of the treatment. I'm back with another episode and going through the healing routine although this time I am only using home remedies and patience.

• Posted

diltiazem is very painful to insert ,but it doesn't cause blood , and you can use nifepedine instead of it ,both are calcium channel blockers and work in the same way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.