Can drinking green tea excessively effect my skin?

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have recently been drinking a lot of green tea (7-10 cups a day) I have noticed quite a significant change in the skin on my face. I used to have very soft smooth skin whereas now it's rough and texture but not dry - just not smooth anymore. I've tried to research and have discovered green tea contains a lot of flouride, could the sudden influx of flouride in my body effect my skin? Or could it be the caffiene? Thanks for any help! 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

green tea gets rid of toxins if you drink that much every day your get rid of the nutrients and water soliable  vits as well 

you can over do a good thing you know . 

1to 2 cups aday is enough .

if you want a change try white tea ,you used to be able to get it with vanilla not sure now that is nice and just as good and some people say better .than green

• Posted

i dont think theres caffine in green tea have checked . 
    • Posted

You can but decaffinated green tea. If you don't it has caffeine.
  • Posted

Green Tea acts as diuretic. It flushes out extra water and toxins which is why some people may see a loss in weight. If you drink too much, you're losing too much water and your symptoms correlate with those of dehydration.

Oh, flouride is poisonous, hence why NO ONE should swallow toothpaste. Unfortunately its in the water we drink......sigh.

• Posted

No it is not right. You can use green tea to make your skin glow very much. In your case, drinking green tea excessively doesn't matter. Your skin became rought due to some other reasons. You can use green tea daily as you get so much benefits of green tea.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Normally, the green tea doesn't effect our skin. Maybe the reason is the quality of the leave or your tasting habit.

Because the modern society of environmental pollution is serious, there are unscrupulous businessmen in order to make tea look good, and easy to sell, they will add additive like pigment, fragrances or something else. So when you buy the tea need to pay attention to the your choice. And do not drink too much when drinking. It is better to drink light tea, overnight tea must not to drink for you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.