Can Endometriosis cause sciatic pain?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have always had painful periods. I was treated with birth control for years and that seemed to keep it at bay. For the past year my husband and I have been trying to conceive with no avail. My periods are now debilitating. Abdominal pain that wake me in the night screaming. Fatigue and back pain. My emotions are insane and I feel crazy!I am writing this from my couch where I have been all week because of my sciatic and abdominal pain. My MRI showed no disc or spinalinvolvement. Has anyone had sciatic pain with endometriosis? I'm thinking that is the only answer at this point.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Women often mention leg pain w/endo tho i don't recall anyone being so specific as to call it sciatic pain.

• Posted

"debilitating, and screaming" are key words.. I would defiantly get it checked out.  ASAP.. If you have it, the longer you wait, the harder it is to conceive. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.