Can enlarged prostate cause blood in urine? Or stress for that matter...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a violent episode with food poisoning about a month ago ( from under cooked shrimp). After that bout, and a couple days later, I started having blood in my urine. It's taken me a month to get a ct scan, that's tomorrow. Still seeing blood so I'm nervous. Doctor (urinologist) didn't seem overly concerned but is giving me the camera up the urethra test too. Jas anybody had symptoms like this? No real pain, a little discomfort and no signs of infection from initial test. Thanks in advance for your comments, suggestions, or stories.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have been told yes but not the only reason so get yourself down to the docs. I am undergoing the exact same process. Hematuria also caused by a kidney infection and I am sure there are more reasons too
    • Posted

Thanks for writing back! I have a ct scan today so I'm sure that will help to figure things out. How long have you been dealing w your issues?

• Posted

Apologies for the delay CT scan and unlike normal people f***ed me right up and no exaggeration. I stayed an extra 90 mins as I was so dizzy. The following day stomach complaints and sent home the following day from a company which normally only sends you home when you are dead.

I have waited a long time for the results, another reason for delay, and after being diagnosed with IBS circa 8 years ago I now need to apologise to those who said it doesn't sound like IBS and intermittently I would go back to the doc and say anything new as this has ruined jobs, relationships etc and now I need to get off this forum as I don't have IBS. Shock who would have thought it as must have been told about 30 times during that time I did.

I have an "abnormality in the small intestine." I now need to start researching Mesenteric Panniculitis as that looks to be the cause of my spasms and resulting illness as this causes vomiting, diarrhoea, fever and nausea. Bizarre how everything just kicks into place with a little knowledge.

• Posted

I have one soon too. A month maybe
    • Posted

Me too...it's been just over a month. Had a ct scan and cystoscopy last week. He said no infection and no sign of cancer in test. After the cystoscopy, which was terrible, I bled a little more and then it went away for about 2 days. After he gave me antibiotics, meloxicam and sulfamethoxazole I thought it would be done, it's only been three days, but it was a downer when it came back. Although it seems lighter.

Anything new with You and your situation? I like to keep up with you because we seem to be on the same time frame and somewhat same symptoms. Thanks for your help.

-Justin

• Posted

Similar illness but I have a lot of sickness which everyone has put down to stress for 8 long beeping years.

Even when I was out of work completely unstressed and hill walking 10 miles a week and running 30 mins for 3 or 4 days and still had the symptoms I was apparently stressed without realising it.

Well as above that turns out not to be the case. Also too much time has passed now to ring up my former partner and quote Spike Milligan "I told you I was ill." smile . Although knowledge does give peace of mind due to understanding sadly it does not take away the illness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.