Can Errin/Mini pill cause horrible hair loss???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone else been on Errin or progesterone mini pill for more than 6 months and started to have crazy hair shedding? My doctor thinks could be stopping my natural progesterone. I also found the kind I'm on is high in androgens so switching to low androgen version. My hair is crazy thin and shedding. I tried special shampoos but they stopped working and made my scalp burn. I'm anemic and thyroid may be a bit off but that's not new and never caused hair loss before. I'm 48 and potentially in peri but according to hormone doctors my estrogen levels are very good like that of a 20 year old so I might have 5 more years before final menopause. Help?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.