Can eye strain cause temple pain?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So for about a week I have been feeling a very sudden very sharp pain in my right temple, very close to the eye but not in the eye itself. It lasts about a second.

I believe it may be due to eye strain because every time I feel it I'm either looking at a computer screen or my phone.

I recovered from Covid this week, and although my last blood tests done about 10 days ago were acceptable and improving, I'm afraid this might have something to do with it, such as inflammation of the temporal artery, mainly because I have never felt this pain with eye strain before, and because it may be a side effect of the immune system response.

My right eye's upper eyelid has been twitching randomly too, and sometimes I feel the twitching all the way to the temples although I haven't been able to actually see this.

Does this sound like it could be regular eye strain?

I'm particularly scared because of the implications, since arteritis can lead to blindness. So far I haven't noticed any visual problems, I do see a little worse with my right eye but I always have, and with glasses everything is fine.

I have also noticed that if I put pressure on that part of the head it can sometimes hurt little a moment after I stopped applying pressure.

I'm also male an in my early thirties, no health issues besides the recent Covid infection.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Temporal arteritis causes excruciating pain, so your symptoms are probably from your body recovering from Covid. Eyelid twitching is usually the result of tiredness or anxiety. Any viral illness will leave you tired for sometime. Maybe give yourself a rest from screens for a while . Just be kind to your body. You are not a robot.

Obviously if your symptoms progress and become very painful or worrying do seek medical attention.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.