Can fibroids cause pain on one side and ...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Getting and ultrasound tomorrow and terrified it is something more sinister. Can fibroids cause pain on just one side of abdomen, a period to be nothing but small clots, and your menstrual cycle to shorten by a few days? Has anyone experienced that with fibroids at all?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes i just had pains outside my menstrual circle now and i tackled it with mefenamic acid. Depending on your body symptoms can vary but yes is one of them.xx

• Posted

Hi ya! Yes I have pain on my left hand side due to a fibroid. My periods were all over the place for a good 6 months but now come within a day or 2 of normal. I have been to gyne and I'm now being referred for a day procedure to take samples and they are also talking of keyhole surgery to see if they can find anything else as they say due to the small size of my fibroid I shouldn't be in pain. They also say I have endometriosis.

• Posted

I am starting ti wonder if I have endometriosis also. I have had what could be considered symptoms for yrs but they were not intolerable so I figured no big deal but now with this new pain I feel I need to know what is going on. Had a pelvic ultrasound and am waiting on the results.

• Posted

Yes they do! That's how I got diagnosed! I went to A&E with horrible pain on my left side and they thought it was kidney stones. They did an MRI and there was nothing. They didnt see my fibroids as the MRI was taken too high. It's only when I went to get an ultrasound done that they saw my 7 Fibroids were all located at the back of my uterus and on the left.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.