Can gallbladder or gallstones pain be felt in hip bones?

Posted , 5 users are following.

idk if I have gallbladder problems or gallstones (I have an appointment with my gp in two weeks), but I’ve had this pain since last night. It’s either in the right side right where my ribs are or in my right hip bone. Sometimes in my left side , same places as well. I’ve also had diarrhoea and been feeling sick and have no desire to eat. I feel like I need to pass gas but can’t. I had this problem a few months ago and doc said it was just constipation or something and it eventually went away and now it’s back. Pain is like a 5 out of 10 so I can still move around and do stuff.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

The pain started after a few weeks of eating lots of fatty unhealthy foods. I’m 22, 5’1 and 97 lbs.
  • Posted

Was able to pass some gas and I feel slightly better. I doubt this whole problem is caused by gas tho..
  • Posted

What kind of unhealthy foods are you eating?. I'm Just curious. If gallbladder is not well eating right low fat foods are what you should be consuming.

• Posted

I had lots of crisps😿 Pain started after one pack of crisps, I ate lots that day too. Idk if it was a coincidence or not..

• Posted

Hi there. You should stay away from crisps they are processed and have alot fat content. No fast foods. Remember eat healthy and you will feel better. No fizzle drinks. I know it's hard try ok

• Posted

Hi Maria, i got same issues on all that you have mentioned. But it really bothers me. I am scared that my mind always thought of all “what if’s”. To relieve, I drink ginger and lemon tea in the morning after getting up and before bedtime coz for me it helps. I have also read that this helps. 
  • Posted

Hi Maria39027, depending where you are with the level of attack your suffering yes a Low Fat diet is essential but once your symptoms have calmed down I found nothing wrong with Crisps or minimal dairy products, the two things I cant have is Cheese or Milk even skimmed, but non dairy Milk is fine and its come on a long way these days to having it in Tea or Coffee.  All Meat I try to make sure is as lean as possible but I find rice or Mash OK too and with plenty of Veg's..  It is a boring diet and yes missing treats is a bind but its taken me roughly just over a month to get my last attack settled down.   I find the temptation of doing shopping a killer but it is saving me money as my shopping is so limited.  I can also say I have NEVER eaten so healthily as I have this year and I have also stopped weight loss, which was worrying.

As regard the symptoms of an attack they vary from people to people but what you describe is basically about right.  what I think you will see from others posts on here is that the pain can move around and generally right hand side and up the back and to the chest is also common.  Once your Gall Bladder is complaining I think you will find the ache in the right hand side never goes away completely and can nag you at any time even not through eating.  This is the problem it affects different people in different ways, ESPECIALLY  when an attack occurs.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply! The pain isn’t as bad anymore, just always kind of there in my right hip bone, sometimes moving to the left one or in my lower back. I’ve also had some heartburn as well. I’m really confused as I don’t know if I have gallbladder issues or GERD. I might have both. I still feel sick and don’t really want to eat anything.

I was thinking I might have gastritis but idk. My symptoms started a few months ago after taking Naproxen for 2 weeks and then they went away and now I’m suffering again. Idk if gastritis can come back just from eating unhealthy. 

I’m going out with a friend tomorrow and I’m gonna have a few drinks. I hope I won’t die from it..

• Posted

Be very careful with Naproxen, that indeed can upset your tummy
    • Posted

I stopped taking Naproxen straight away and I’ve not taken any pain killers since then so it’s been 4 months.
    • Posted

Naproxen is known to bad stomach problems. They can also hurt your liver and kidneys on long term use. I stopped taking Naproxen because of bad cramps and chest pain. I advise not to use it again.
    • Posted

ALL anti inflammoraties  (NSAID's) MUST be taken with food so that they do not upset and indeed rot the tummy.  This really is a serious drug.  Do not fear pain killers Paracetamol is a great drug for many things but any drug can be abused.

SO what happened when you went out?

• Posted

good girl you knew you wasn't to go then lol.  If you feel hesitant or alone about your conition always make a post because its nice to know your not alone .biggrin

• Posted

I know what you mean. Always come back here 😍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.