can gastritis really be causing my pains?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok I've been having anxiety for about a month an a half now. I've been to the emergency room 4 times now.(seen three different doctors).for chest pain,chest pressure,they did all the usual tests on me blood work,chest xray and even a ultrasound on my leg because I was having pain I'm my right leg. Everything's came back ok.

Anyways on my last trip I was having burning in my chest and the doctor diagnosed me with gastritis so can it be causing stabbing chest pain at random(mostly while moving or not sitting up straight) chest pressure,burning in chest,shortness of breath,caugh, and gurgling in my stomach(which I didn't notice until after my diagnosis)? I have in my mind that it is a blood clot in my lung and knowing others with gastritis have the same symptoms set my mind and anxiety at rest. Thanks in advanced.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Roger,

I also have suspected gastritis and am supposed to have an endoscopy soon, and perhaps like you I also tend to think the worst.  But I have looked into gastritis a lot on these forums and generally on the net, and it does seem to cover most or all of what you are suffering.  I don't have any abdominal pain at all, hence my doubts in my own case, but I have had in the past the kind of pains in my chest where I was sure I was having a heart attack.  Sometimes it would wake me in the night and I get up and pace around but it doesn't ease and scares me even more!  But this is a common symptom of acid reflux, I even know two nurses who used to think they were having heart attacks but now they know better and can also reassure me.  I wouldn't worry too much about a blood clot in your lungs.  I am also short of breath and have read many others who suffer from this.  It's almost certainly of gastric origin from what I can see, combined with the other symptoms.  It's a real joy isn't it!!

• Posted

I had gastitis and yes did have burning in chest and if it has inflamed oesphagus even more so, it can take some time to clear!
  • Posted

I had all these symptoms. Finally, one of my doctors tested me for H.Pylori, which unbenounced to me, is an incredibly common and easily treated virus. I thought at times I was having a heart attack, the heartburn was so painful. It ran down my right leg and up into my right jaw mostly. Everything set it off. Going untreated for so long, I now have ulcers throughout my entire system however some medicines and a strict diet, have me healing. They say within 6 months I should be almost completely back to normal. It's an easy test. Make sure you ask your doctors about it. 
  • Posted

simply get a chest x ray, ask doc first.  sounds like oil consumption to me or an allergic reaction to a food. 
  • Posted

Thanks everyone for your replies I appreciate it. My chest pain got so bad I had to the the ER again. This new doc said that I didn't have gastritis but I have costochondritis an Infection in my joints between my ribs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.