Can greif cause anxiety to make you feel your dying ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have this gut feeling im going to die .

I keep having weird head pains at one side.

pressure /shivers in back of head

Shivers in back and legs and arms

My breathing don't feel best

I feel out if it like I haven't slept at all

My chest has that scared feeling init

I feel like any moment I'm going to die or anyrsm or something it's like the feeling when you have a cold and feel real poorly but I have no stuffy nose or anything a bit of sneezing other day but I just don't feel right at all I feel like everyone around me is Irratation me like the think im fine but I'm not it freaks me out the way they think im ok but I feel I'm gonna drop dead any second I ain't having a panic attack either ??

My grandad died yesterday and I already felt horrible symtoms before but now this is like nothing iv experienced and I think im next my breathing keeps getting a sensation like a tickly pain so it makes it hard to breathe my eyesight feels funny like everything keeps focusing out and I even felt my eyes pulsing my head feels heavy like a migrain without one I have belly ache aswell cause I'm so scared I feel completely put of it I have that tense scared pressure feeling in back of head too

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Grief can make you feel like that that's how my anxiety started through losing someone and the fact you already have anxiety it will just add to it iv experienced same symptoms your prob just overwhelmed just now just try to relax and grieve don't try to block it out have a lie down and relax very sorry for your loss
    • Posted

Sorry that your anxiety started this way and thank you did you get freezing cold episodes too I wish it was my normal migrain but it just feels like a headache / pain iv never experienced before kinda like brain freeze
  • Posted

I have that weird pain in my head aswell and does your body feel like jelly
    • Posted

Not really it feels stiff and I suppose and shivery but iv all a sudden got ice cold it doesn't feel right at all I feel everything is gonna shut off
  • Posted

Considering that your grandad passed away yesterday, I think that it is probably your grief causing you acute anxiety Steph.

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this horrible experience, and my heart goes out to you in this very difficult time for you.

Rod x

• Posted

Steph, 

I have gone through all of this. I actually went for heart tests and blood tests because I thought I was dying. The symtoms were awful. As you describe, and a bit more. I have since dealt with even more, or an onslot of grief, one after another. But, by focusing on my will to overcome, and making changes that weren't easy, the pains and migraines have started to subside, and I have an overall positive outlook. I still have some light agoraphbia and panic attack issues -- after nightmares or after reflecting on the past oo much. They are light now, but they were unbearable. My advice is get the pysical issues checked out, be honest with help, and focus on looking for love laughter and meaning -- for yourself, and for the memories of the loved ones we lose. They don't want us to be in tough spots. Focus on goals, future, and maybe try meditation. Take it all with a grain of salt though. I have had trouble looking for help, and I find just talkign to people is my number one relief, so these discussions are actually good for me. Best wishes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.