Can hair follicles be repaired??

Posted , 2 users are following.

I first experienced hair fall about 10 years ago. And i guess the hairs were falling from 5 years before that. So total after about 15 years of hair fall I'm about 90% bald. The top of my head is mostly hairless, but when I examined closely i can still see some very thin and short hairs on mh scalp. Now i recently learnt that saw Palmetto, L-Licene and Lycopene can help in hair fall. Now what i want to know is two things.

1st (most important) --

Can hair follicles that are weak and about to die be rejuvenated??

2nd (again important)

Can i really grow back my hair i mean does saw Palmetto really works??

If anyone has any suggestions or info please please please do share. As only a person who is loosing hair and turning ugly day by day can only understand the pain of loosing hair

Please if anyone has any info about this do share it.

I previously thought that if hair follicles become weak then it remains like that and eventually dies. But saw Palmetto has given me some hope.

However I would still urge to share unbiased info though i have high hopes but I don't want to go after a product or a method that might not work.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well, first of all, what type of hair loss do you have? If you have been diagnosed with alopecia areata, your hair follicles are not dead, they are just dormant. 
    • Posted

I have been diagnosed with male pattern baldness. The sides of my scalp still has very nice thick hairs. It's only the top where I see absence of hairs.

• Posted

Honestly, in my opinion, the only thing that works is hair transplantation for male pattern balding. They'll move the active follicles to where the dead follicles are. But it's worth taking supplements and see if anything helps, who knows? Sorry I can't give you any advice, I've got alopecia universalis.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.
  • Posted

Anyone who has any info on this please let me know. I really need some help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.