Posted , 3 users are following.
can please anyone help..
i don't know if its anxiety or heart issue
here is my long story short
it started with occasional panic attacks and weird numb/tingly feeling in my left breast while i was little stressed about past. my sleeping and eating habits were really bad and had no routine. no excerise or other physical activity.
Things in my life started to improve and my panic attacks started getting worse.
Within 5 months i started having high resting heart rate, chest n arm pains, and palpitations. been to a&e 3-4 times and all bloods normals, normal ecgs.
MONTH 6 & 7
along with high heart rate, i started at least one panic attack in a day and palpitations. i went to dr, he put me on anxiety medicine. over a period of 3 weeks i tried 3-4 different medicines without any luck then i started taking homeopathic anxiety medicine called arg nitricium 200 and i started to feel normal within days for 1 month. heart rate was better, hardly any health anxiety, was able to sleep
heard a news of distant relative's sudden death and bang !!!!!! panic attacks returned with weird head pressure, pins and needles in legs n arms, IBS symptoms and palpitations. i started to get restless days n nights. got ECG, 2 Echocardiograms, treadmill test and 72 hours holter/ecg montior all CLEAR. only thing my cardiologist said that i had little high heart rate which he put down to anxiety and stress as other results were unremarkable
- within 1 day back to back panic attacks and continous palpitations and i landed in a&e's resus where my resting heart rate was varying between 105-135. 2-3
- cardiologists monitored my ecg and the monitor i had on and they did blood work all normal. they said its just sinus tachycardia and not dangerous.
- i remained in hospital overnight under observation where they sent 24 hr urine test for my adrenal glands which was later reported as normal.
- iron, b12, thyroid, electrolytes- NORMAL. i was discharged with 40 mg propanalol and advised to follow up with gp and was given outpatient appointment for endocrines.
- next day i wore 24 hr holter monitor while i was home and i tried not to take propanalol and found sinus tachycardia with occasional sinus arrhythmia. 310 episodes of sinus tachycardia over 24 hr period. i felt horrible throughout those 24 hrs
- within next 10 days i went to a&e 7 times with wierd head pressure, palpitations (without propanalol), chest pains,wierd body sensations/flutters/muscle twinching in chest, arms, hands, feet, legs, back... impaired sleep, pins and needles in arms n left leg,feelings of doom all the time. i didn't feel any weird sensation while in a&e. All ECGs normal with/without sinus tachycardia. 6 drs put down that to anxiety, 1 advised further discussion with cardio and another 24 hr tape.
went to GP, he advised taking antidepressants which i cudnt take coz of unmanageable side effects. GP found my 24 hr ecg results unremarkable for any heart disease.
don't know what to do. my high heart rate is under control with propanalol but i can still feel my heart beating strongly...and feel flutter in my left breast n tummy. pulse is between 68-78 resting and i still feel wierd, as if m vibrating deep inside. chest, underarm, side, upper chest pains for few seconds sometimes with moving sometimes at rest, cough from cold/flu from past 3 weeks taking antibiotics. i am completely housebound .. my symptoms gets worse at night some nights can't sleep so i sleep during the day
can anyone tell if its anxiety or heart problem? i am going crazy
0 likes, 4 replies