Can heartburn cause by anxiety?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Everytime anxiety attacks me i feel like im having a heartburn.. That i really need to burp.. I feel so full. Theres anybody feels the sameway?

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hey meckam, my anxiety was actually triggered by heart burn symptoms because I was so scared of the feelong and it was the first time I experienced a feeling in my chest. But I do believe that anxiety can Casue ingestion because your brain and your stomach pretty much connect with nerves. That's why you get that nervous feeling in the stomach when you're nervous but baiscally on a daily basis I burp & feel full along with other symptoms and some symptoms trigger my anxiety like discomfort in my chest from the gas. I don't know it's so terrible best thing to do is talk to a professional. Take care.
    • Posted

Thank you for replying.. Yeah i feel stomach disorder, chest discomfort and difficulty burping.. Then all leads to panic attack..
  • Posted

I have heartburn to and there are times i feel full to where I can not eat i only eat crackers and drink ginger ale then i have had the stool problems everything just wants to come out of me 
  • Posted

feeling any better?
    • Posted

Yeah.. It will last only for about 30-45 mins.. I have different symptoms when anxiety hit me. the most common are dizziness, feels having heartburn, weak, and out of focus and panic attack. 
    • Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor?
    • Posted

Thats the saddest part.. I dont have any therapist or counsellor.. sad
    • Posted

Can you try to find one?

How are health services in your country?

• Posted

I will try to look for some therapist.. Health service here is not quite good. Thanks mate
    • Posted

I can try to help you find something.

which country is it?

• Posted

Hey meckam. I think I have similar symptoms from my anxiety,only difference is I feel a bubble sensation in my chest on the left side. I've been to my doc march 14 2016. A few tests were ran , all came back good. However, my doc prescribed sleeping pills . Thus for they're all I'm relying on its working. I recommend you see your doc asap ,worry less and always be optimistic even though I know its hard.
  • Posted

yeah, the gastric side effects of anxiety are some of the most bothersome for me. When I was really anxious I was waking up throwing up stomach acid. Change up your diet a bit to help with symptoms, stay away from acidic fruits and spicy/rich foods for a little while and see if it helps.
  • Posted

my anxiety makes my stomach tighten up and i feel so bloated that only a burp can relieve the bloating. except i cant burp during this time. anyone else have this burping problem?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.