Can hives only have 1 episode of occurence?

Posted , 2 users are following.

so two days ago I developed hives, I think it was from an allergic reaction from bathing my cat who had gone outdoors for months (though it became noticeable hours later). During day 2, (which is yesterday) I had the hives on my whole body, from limbs, stomach, butt and so. I looked like a world map!

However today, I awfully woke up with it all over my face, my eyelids are swollen and my cheeks are full of it. But, the hives from my body were almost completely gone. I’ve researched and it says that this annoying condition would last 6 weeks, it would disappear but it will go back and develop again in that 6 weeks. I can’t take that because after 3 weeks I am already having classes, does it always have to take that long even though I had it on my whole body already? I am not taking any medications and haven’t seen a doctor. I am a teenager.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

So sorry you are having this .. I would certainly make a dr appt as soon as possible.. I have had my hives a year after not having them for over 30 so yes they can come back .. There are many posts on this subject on here .. But do contact a dr.. 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! 

Will do so, because just this morning I thought they were all gone yet I am starting to have it all over me again. This is hell

• Posted

Like i said i have had them a year and am now taking xolair shots which for the most part has kept them away.. I do however still from time to time get a few and I have been taking the shots for 8 months.. I wish I knew why I have these but after many tests they cant find a reason which happens to lots of us.. so you are not alone.. I am hoping when you do get to a dr they can give you a reason and there is a simple fix for you... Keep on this site as it has been so helpful to me..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.