Can HRT Dose Run Out?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

Ive been on Progynova 2mg tablets for a couple of years now and use gel as a top up as and when required. Ive been waking up in the mornings recently in floods of tears which as we all know at times is totally uncontrollable but it's now got to the point that it's ridiculous and really annoying. After taking my morning dose after a while I'm back in control again. The only thing I can think to cause these tears is that the drugs I'm taking are running out by the morning. I'm assuming my GP will just up the dose. Has anyone experienced this too?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

i am on sandrena gel, and was told to put 1 on of a morning and 1 on of a night, see if this helps ?

good luck not nice being in tears but your not alone.

Karen.

• Posted

Yes, I find that with the patches, and when I am using the pellets, they run out before the length of time they are supposed to last. Some of us need more oestrogen than others and our bodies use it up quicker.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.