CAN HYPERTHYROID CAUSE TREMORS, SHAKINESS,IN THE WHOLE BODY???

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi..does anyone has tremors.shakiness in the whole body 24/7???..too much nervousness..panic attacks also..

My 1st hyper symptoms is different from now..my 1st hyper symptoms which is in 2018 are dizziness..lightheadedness..fatigue..nausea..unbalance..nervousness..panic attacks..i stop my methimazole january 2020..i thought i was cured already..but the symptoms came back wth shakiness and tremors..but my march 13 bloodtest is in range..tsh 1.87...ft4 15..I start taking 5mg methimazole 2 times a day again..lets see what happens

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

yes! that was my original symptoms. they kept telling me it was just my anxiety. but I felt constantly shaky, nervous, anxious and I knew it wasnt just anxiety. my t3 was high and my t4 borderline. the shakiness has never properly gone away, despite having half of my thyroid removed and normal bloods

• Posted

wow thanks for the reply..im so scared..im so nervous..even if i start to eat..i get so nervous i will shake internally..i stop my methimazole about a 100 days..and boom this is my symptoms..but my tsh and ft4 is good..i dont know why..

• Posted

Yes absolutely. I developed tremors to the point that I couldn't use the clutch when driving. Also horrendous hot flushes, thirst, crippling fatigue, vision focus issues, IBS and various other nasties.

Once my thyroid came out and I got the thyroxin dose right ( that took a couple of years to fine tune ) all returned to normal apart from being unable to take very strenuous exercise. I describe what causes the problem as like 'pushing a rally car out of a ditch' - that sort of activity leaves me exhausted for a couple of days while my levels restore, but I can do a long distance steady walk with no issue at all - we did Gibraltar from sea level to the top cafe and back on a hot day with no great issue but 10 minutes extreme exertion floors me next day.

Getting the replacement thyroxin level right is a very, very delicate balance and depends on your activity levels - but there is a delay of several days before a change in medication has any effect BUT less than 24 hours to notice alteration in levels from a change in activity ( or lack of it ) - so it can be virtually impossible to balance intake and use. You learn to live with that and it isn't a problem once you understand what is happening.

I found as much challenge in getting the replacement thyroxin dose right as I did in the pre operation issues and attempts to control a runaway thyroid. The issue is that they take it out , hand you some pills and send you on your way with a yearly check. It actually needs a lot of support and backup before you can return to a relatively normal life and that wasn't provided in my case.

However you will come out at the end of the tunnel and things do get better - but don't take no for an answer from the medics.

• Posted

yeah thanks pal..my hyperthyroid is due to a single small nodule..i have no graves..its my mistake that i stop my methimazole this January 2020..but i didnt stop it cold turkey..i taper off nice and slowly..Im just disgusted bec why my March 2020 results are normal..but im feeling tremors..shakiness..weakness..tired muscles in my whole body..and im just so nervous and anxious...I think this lockdown thing cause so much stress and affect the nodule to become hyper again.

• Posted

in order to meet the normal level of your thyroid once you been treated is that you need not to stop abruptly.it must gradually and lesser the dosage you take until such time that you cannot take your medicine and at the same check your blood test every 6months and still avoid eating too much iodine rich food. together this regime you have to do some exercise and jogging to improve your stamina.

• Posted

yeah tnx..i taper it very slowly..until 2.5mg every other day for 3 mos..den january i stopped it totally..i have symptoms in march but my tsh and ft4 is normal.dont know why

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.