CAN HYPERTHYROIDISM BE CURED?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi..i have hyperthyroid in the year 2018 of october..but earliear i have symptoms of fatigue and dizziness..so i went for a bloodtest..it was coming from a small nodule.Im on methimazole 5mg 3 times a day..and by december 2018..ft4 ft3 and tsh within normal range already..but suffers symptoms like dizziness..anxiety..panic..nervousness..fatigue..Then slowly taper methimazole until december 2019.. i was only taking .25mg once a week..by January 2020..all meds stop..by march 15 2020 my tsh.ft4 are middle of the range..but i feel super nervousness..anxiety.fatigue.whole body tremors..dont know if im hyper again..i ask my endo he said hyperthyroid cant be cured..medicine forever.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Edward, I had Graves disease, a type of hyperthyroidism, in 2008 and got the treatment stop and replace for 18 months. So basically my own thyroid was put into deep sleep mode but I was taking replacement thyroxine. I seemed cured but the symptoms recurred in 2013. My endo wanted me to have radioactive treatment which I refused and opted for stop and replace again for another 18 months. He said he'd never done that before for a patient but went ahead with it. It worked and to date my thyroid levels are normal. Perhaps ask your endo if you would be able to try that? Good luck and I hope you'll feel better soon, Stefanie

• Posted

yeah thanks stephanie for the reply..did you ever have normal ranges and still suffer symptoms? My March result is normal..but dis april i was trembling..so nervous all the time..weakness....

• Posted

Occasionally I did wonder is it back but with me it turned out to be stress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.