Can hypnotherapy .. Hypnosis stop drinking and addictions?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello

I have alcohol problems .. Can hypnosis break my pattern and set me free?

Is hypnosis the way forward .. Because they can rewire your brain and block out negativity ..

Maybe then I wouldn't need to struggle like I do now?

Your opinions please ? 😊

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hi jess..I have no idea...but it does work for people that smoke cigs (not all people)...

Anything is worth a shot!

Do they have that type of hypnosis in your area?

• Posted

Hi Jess, Hypnosis is a funny old thing, and whether it works or not is really hit n miss. It depends largely on the subject. I would not go out and spend loads of money on sessions, but as Misssy said its worth a shot (anything is in these situations). I'm sure you can get self hypnosis through various audio distributers but may be It works if the session is more "authentic". I myself don't believe it works unless the person has the will to do whats instructed in the first place, in which case it's willpower with permission. But there must be some success, otherwise they couldn't make a liviing out of it. My sisters both had it to stop smoking, they both still smoke. It would be interesting to hear about your experiance if you go ahead. Good luck.

• Posted

I think having a good hypnotherapist who is quick on understanding his subject or client and can think outside the box ... Can unleash the 'virus' and free the person..

The hypnotherapist has to be intuitive..

• Posted

I agree. It's something I have always been amazed with, even as a kid. I know auto suggestion works well, but as you say both party's must be compatible. If it's strong enough to beat the physical cravings and the constant brain washing that advertising and TV give us that Alcohol is a reward, that would be some mean feat. When are you going?

• Posted

I'm going next week so I will let you know how it goes ..

What is auto suggestion?😊

• Posted

Cool, I hope it's fun, should be relaxig. wink  It's when you can influence someone to believe in the perception in which is what ever you want them to believe, a bit like what Derren Brown does.

• Posted

Jess, tell us a bit about your drinking history and where you are now with it. Does alcoholism run in the family? 
  • Posted

Hi,

I had several sessions which cost a small fortune here in UK.  I had sessions for anxiety, insomnia and alcohol abuse.

I still am anxious and have panic attacks

I don't sleep

It did nothing for alcohol abuse

I have nailed the alcohol myself and coming on to this site.  Their help and push got to me and spurred me on.  (Could have saved me a small fortune.)

But then again, we are all different;  I know several people who go to the Hynotherapist I went to who rave about her.

• Posted

I'm planning to go to one and will see and let you know if he's good..

He sounds sharp ... Very intuitive so let's see ..FINGERS CROSSED..

And he thinks he can sort me out !!

• Posted

Yes, let us know.  Anything that helps is worth a shot.
    • Posted

Jess if it was a cure or there was any concrete evidence that it works, then the amount of money lifestyle.choices costs the NHS would be minimal not running into billions of pounds.

why not just use tarot cards instead of wasting money on people who have no intention of stopping drinking, smoking and dreadful eating habits. As I said before each to their own

• Posted

Why are you even on here if all you have to say is negative and nasty comments. Move along KAREN!!!

• Edited

Hypnosis is not a control of mind; it is definitely not magic; it puts a person in a trance, analogous to meditation, and improves internal connection. Hypnotherapy can bring about behavioral changes in some people. And hypnotherapy may help some people get over alcoholism. However, the keywords here are ‘may’ and ‘some people’.

A human trial was conducted on whether hypnotherapy could help overcome alcoholism. The participants were divided into two groups – the first group went through motivational interviewing and the second group went to hypnotherapy. The participants were interviewed after one year to learn about their progress and it was found that both groups had almost the same success rate; however, participants who had hypnotherapy were able to deal with emotional distress better.

There is no harm in trying hypnotherapy. If you are reluctant to go to a professional, try self-hypnosis. Nowadays there are apps, audiotapes, social media groups and YouTube videos that may prove useful.

Good Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.