Can hypothyroidism cause dizziness?

Posted , 11 users are following.

For the past 6 weeks I've had headaches (which have stopped this week), eye trouble, exhaustion, and brain fog.  I had a normal MRI in the ER.  My newest symptom is disequilibrium, like my eyes don't know where to look and riding in vehicles makes it worse.  My PT has mentioned Vestibular Neuritis, and I plan on following that route in a few weeks with my first ENT and Neurologist appts, but my hair dresser mentioned that she had dizziness just before she was diagnosed with her thyroid disease.  Has anyone had these symptoms?  My GP hasn't really been helpful and has only done a CBC blood test.  I think I may ask for an appt this week with him again and demand a blood test.  

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Eustachian Tube Dysfunction can cause all of the above, but so can a bad sinus infection.  The ENT SHOULD be an otolarygologist and therefore would be very qualified to dx thyroid or sinus concerns. 

I have vertigo over the littlest thing but my father has had Meniere's Disease since his early 30's and I'm sure I and two of my kids have the same concern.  Room spins so badly I'll lie down and hang on for dear life.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.