Can Hypothyroidism Really Make Me Feel This ILL!!😢😢😢

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

So had my bloods retested on Friday. I'm feeling poorly. I am wondering if I have something else going on as I'm not sure if all my symptoms can be reacted to my thyroid. For example; tonight I have odd sensations in my legs..I can't describe it really. I'll try. It's uncomfortable but not painful. More irritating. I feel generally off. I get to hot (You're supposed to be cold with hypothyroidism?). I am regularly waking up with stinking headaches. Anyone else get these symptoms?

Taz

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I meant Related..I can't find an edit option.
  • Posted

Hi Taz Tigs

I have had what you describe, general 'off' feeling and sensations which you can't call pain but are awareness in bits of me I wouldn't normally think about. Perhaps it could help to keep a diary of what you are feeling?  I have done this and though simple, it does help. The body has a rhythm (circadian) and I think the way it uses thyroxin must follow this? I'm very new to all this too and from what I've read it seems the Drs can tell you your blood results are normal but you can feel quite the opposite. I'm reading all that I can, going back to GP tuesday and going to see if I can get a different thyroxin replacement. I'll post up the outcome.

All I can say is.. hang in there ... it will get better (and probably worse again) and better etc, It seems to be a cycle which once you recognise at least you can brace yourself for until it passes. I hope this is encouraging. At least it comes and goes.

Best wishes Zoe

• Posted

Hi Zoe110 thanks. Well I Googled it..probably shouldn't..but I think it's restless leg syndrome. Maybe not thyroid related though? I'll let you know what my blood tests reveal next week. As awful as I feel I hope it's not hypothyroidism because it's not just a matter of taking a pill and all is great (kind of what I was told before I had radioactive iodine treatment). If it's not hypo though I will be back at my Gps asking for more investigations as I am not right. I am starting to get really bad aches and pains in my body.

Good luck to you Zoe110.

Taz

• Posted

Hi Taz Tigs

Restless leg syndrome can be a secondary condition of hypothyroidism. It is believed to be due to low Dopamine levels. I have this too.

Best wishes

Jen

• Posted

Hi Ken

Thanks for your reply. How long have you had hypo? Did you get headaches in the morning? I keep waking up with stinking head aches. This morning being no different. 😢. When I had my bloods done my Ft4 was 10. Previous 19. Do you think that my levels could have dropped that much in 8 weeks? So much to make me feel this ill. Like I have flu actually?

Have a good day.

Taz x

• Posted

I'm sorry Jen..I didn't mean to put Ken! Predicted text uggg
  • Posted

Hi Taz Tigs!

I was originally diagnosed over eight years ago with hypo. It was quite some time, perhaps 2 to 3 years, before I felt things had settled somewhat. Problems with the thyroid never seem to settle entirely - lots of ups and downs. During a "down" period I asked to see a Gynocologist and he said I had Hashimotos Thyroiditis - an immune system disorder. He told me that 90% of people diagnosed with Hypothyroidism actually have Hashimotos and tend to swing from hypo to hyper and back again - very unpredictable! I have at some time suffered all the symptoms you describe, and more. Some people with thyroid problems report they feel much better on Natural Desiccated Thyroid, but it is difficult to get a GP to prescribe it in the UK. Do lots of research in order to understand what is actually going on in your body and what you can do to improve things. Best wishes.....

Jen

• Posted

Hi Jen

Thanks. I'll wait to see what my blood tests say first and take it from there.

Best wishes and happy Sunday

Taz ☺

• Posted

Hang in there, its early days for you, as i said in an earlier post you will feel like you have been hit with a tonne of bricks. I would just assume that everything you are going through is Thyroid related, it probably is. When you get the results the GP will alter your dose . It can take 3 months for your new dose to be working at its best , but you wil get there and lead a normal life just dont overthink everything. Let us know your Blood results smile
    • Posted

Hi Sdob46

Well I've managed to get up and in the shower. Just wanted to stay in bed ☺.

Well I guess in some ways if it's thyroid related at least there is hope of treatment.

I never realised how ill it could make you. When I had the radioactive iodine treatment my endocrinologist said there's a chance you will go hypo in a few months but not definitely. In addition, that if I did it was easy to treat. But reading everyones posts is a bit concerning ( the long journey I could be on).

Bit I guess no point worrying about the "ifs and buts".

Can I ask you did you ever have an upset tummy as part of your symptoms. I have had diarrhea Some mornings or at least loose (Sorry if to much information).

Best wishes

Teresa

• Posted

Diarrhea, constipation, tummy upset, heartburn and thats just some of the things, extreme tiredness like you wouldnt believe, jittery legs, itchy skin, brittle nails, the list goes on. like i said put everything down to thyroid until you get sorted smile i know its hard ive been there. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.