CAN I ASK THOSE WITH GRAVES..IS IT EASY TO BRING TO NORMAL A SUPPRESS TSH??

Posted , 5 users are following.

IF YOU HAVE GRAVES DISEASE..IS IT EASY TO BRING TO NORMAL RANGE A SUPPRESS TSH LIKE IN A MONTHS TIME

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I don't know about a Months time but mine returned to normal within 60 days. My TSH was .01 when I started the medication I started seeing my Endocrine Nov 12th by Jan 12th I got a call that all labs were normal. I do not have to go back till May.

• Posted

thanks for the reply...is your hyper from graves...mine nov 1 tsh 0.043. started methimazole 15mg ...Dec 1 tsh is 0.72.. are you in remission already..feb1 my tsh is already 5.280 if i rememberd correctly..so im sub hypo

• Posted

I was improving in Dec so he reduced my Methimazole to 10 mg a day. I am in remission and my labs were all normal. I was worried about Hypo. Has the Dr reduced your medication yet? Yes my Hyper is from Graves. I feel normal for the first time in months. So there is hope.

• Posted

I have Graves and my values for Free T3 and Free T4 were not too much out of range at diagnosis so I was put on 10 mg of Methimazole daily. My TSH remained at less than 0.001 for two years until I added supplements especially Acetyl-L-Carnitine, vitamin D, Magnesium and Regular l-Carnitine. I was deficient in all of these. A lot of people tried the Acetyl-L-Carnitine after I posted but you have to be very careful with this and adjust it downward as your labs improve or stop it altogether to keep your labs in range and not go hypo. Your doc should adjust your meds dosage as your TSH improves as well. My TSH improved very quickly when I first added Regular L-Carnitine, 1,000 mg and Acetyl-L-Carntiine 1,000 mg and took it at the same time as my meds. Is there some reason why you want to bring TSH to normal in a month?

• Posted

Edward002 was asking about normal levels in a month. I replied to his post.

• Posted

tnx linda..i was asking that because i want to know the nature or the typical response of graves tsh to methimazole..i still dont know what the cause of my hyper..1st endo told me maybe silent thyroiditis..2nd endo didnt say anything about graves at all..just says its transcient

• Posted

Your doc should check you for antibodies, both for Graves and Hashimoto's. Many people, myself included will respond to Methimazole by normalizing their Free T3 and T4 but Graves patients often do not raise their TSH unless they take something besides the meds. Hashimoto patients will bounce from hyper to hypo and back again on meds so knowing the cause is important I think.

• Posted

my anti tpo is 0.73 range is less than 5.61....

my technetium uptake is decrease uptake..but 2nd endo said its not a true report because i was medicating wth 15mg methimazole..even i did stop 5days prior to technetium uptake scan

• Posted

Besides anti-TPO which measures the amount of inflammation, the tests they do here in Canada for antibodies are TRAb or TBII for Graves and TGAb for Hashimoto's.

• Posted

ok tnx linda.. my eyes was always watery..feels puffy..feels heavy and tired eyes

• Posted

I have recently been diagnosed with graves disease and have a overactive thyroid and a goitre in my neck non toxic one my tsh were 0.01 but my t4 levels were in access of over 100 started medication but my t4 levels are still 0.47 the doctor says two high going back for more blood tests and waiting to see a consultant at the hospital and have been sent for a echo scan of my heartas my heart was beating way to fast

• Posted

They put me on Propranolol initially for the fast heartbeat while they completed their thyroid diagnostic testing. It is often common to have the fast heartbeat when you are running hyper and your levels haven't normalized yet.

• Posted

thanks for all your replies...yes my endo told me to stop 5 days methimazole..and resume again but 5mg a day only...my ft3 ft4 is in range already but im still feel lightheaded and dizzy..and my eyes feels not right

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.